The Specialized Group of Photochemistry (GRUFO) of the Royal Spanish Society of Chemistry (RSEQ), announces the V Edition of the Prize for the best Doctoral Thesis in Photochemistry.
Bases of the call:
- Those doctors who have defended their Doctoral Thesis in the period from September 1, 2019 to the closing date of this call, may participate in this call, having obtained the highest grade. Applicants must be members of the GRUFO on the closing date of this call.
- In addition to an accrediting diploma, the award is endowed with € 300, as well as an invitation to give a talk at the next Iberian Photochemical Conference to be held in Alcalá de Henares in 2022.
- The application will be submitted by email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org before April 16, 2021 (closing date of the call), including the following documentation: 1) electronic copy (PDF or electronic link) of the Doctoral Thesis, 2) copy of a document certifying the date of defence and qualification obtained, 3) list of the publications and patents derived from the Doctoral Thesis, and candidate’s curriculum vitae, and 4) a brief review (maximum two pages) where the advances that said Doctoral Thesis has achieved in the area of Photochemistry are highlighted, referencing the corresponding articles or chapters.
- The evaluation committee will be made up of 3 members (a president and two members) elected by the Board of Directors of GRUFO as follows: (i) the president of the evaluation committee will be a member of the Board of Directors of GRUFO, (ii) two members, appointed by the Board of Directors, one of them preferably being a researcher who carries out his work outside of Spain.
In no case may the person who has directed, co-directed or tutored the doctoral thesis of any of the applications or is co-author of any of the publications derived from said doctoral thesis, be part of the evaluation committee. The persons with whom the applicants are currently working cannot be part of the committee either.
- In the evaluation process the following aspects will be taken into account: (i) The relevance of the topic of the doctoral thesis in the development and advancement of photochemistry. (ii) The quality and number of publications in scientific journals and patents. (iii) Participation in national and international congresses. (iv) Scientific dissemination activities. (v) Other aspects to be considered by the evaluation committee.
- The court’s decision will be made public on the GRUFO website (http://www.fotoquimica.org/), within a period of no more than three months from the closing of the call.
- The resolution of the evaluation committee is final.
March 1, 2021